Tuesday, January 27, 2009

This Time Next Week....

I went to see Dr. K yesterday in the middle of our lovely "ICE STORM 2009" (wind blowing sound effect) to have a pelvic exam to see how things are progressing.

After examing me.......sigh........ he told me that I am only dilated to a 1 and a half and that I am not progressed enough to be induced this week.

Of course I was bummed. I am the ultimate planner and in my mind I had already planned to be induced on Thursday when the weather was good enough for all of our family to get here. But alas, it is not to be that way.

Dr. K scheduled me to be induced next Tuesday, February 3, if Isaac hasn't decided to appear before then.

So in the mean time I am sitting at home, trying to count my blessings and wait on whatever is to come. This time next week I could be kissing my son and having all my dreams come true. I've waited 2 and a half years, one more week won't kill me, right?

I am taking Monday off of work and planning on just spending a quiet night at home with Ryland on Monday night. It may be our last night alone for quite some time and we are looking forward to enjoying it. I relish spending time alone. I have always been very content and happy to spend time by myself and that is REALLY about to change, but for the better, I think.

I will miss my students though, they have been such a fun group and it will be hard to say goodbye for so long on Friday. They are so vested in this pregnancy and feel such a sweet ownership and responsibility for this little guy. I can't wait for Isaac to meet my other 24 kids. I'm sure March 20something will be here before I know it and way before I am ready to send my Isaac to a caregiver during the day.

Please keep Ryland, Isaac and me in your prayers. Pray for an easy delivery for Isaac and that I can absorb all the hard stuff for him. Pray that Ryland will be the calm, strong, wonderful man that I can always depend on. And pray that our families can make it safely to meet Isaac. The journey is almost over and I hope that next Tuesday we are posting pictures of our miracle on this blog.

Stay tuned.

Mindy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking about you and your beautiful family the last couple of days, and after reading your current blog there is a good reason why God placed you guys in my prayers. I just want to thank you so much for sharing your journey with me and I wanted to let you know that I have been praying for you and Ryland and you two will be just fine next week. I can not believe the time is already here for your little baby boy! How exciting! I can not wait for the next chapter in your life!