Friday, April 9, 2010

ADHD List

1. I am typing this post from my BRAND NEW LAPTOP!!!!! I cannot begin to tell you how flippin excited I am. I love it. It is pretty and black and shiny. And allegedly it is a really great computer. I don't do technology, so I trust my tech savvy hubby when he tells me things are good.



2. I have a new obsession. I know I am at least three years behind, but I have started following the pioneer woman's blog. For one thing, the background for all her stories take place in Bartlesville and Osage County. I can totally relate to all of her locational references. She recently talked about Murphy's Hot Hamburgers. My kinda girl. I just watched her on The View today via my new laptop. I love her. Maybe a little too much. Maybe a bit on the crazy obsessive fan way.



3. My hubby moves to Owasso in 5 days. I am freaking out a little bit. My house is not sold. There are some circumstances surrounding the move that I am less than thrilled with and I hate the idea that Isaac will not see his Daddy for 4 days out of each week. Please pray for us. Pray that God will sell our house SOON, that my life here as a single mom will be uneventful, that I will have peace, and that God will help (stubborn, hard-headed) me to be content in all our circumstances. And pray that the next 6 weeks will go FAST!!!



4. I could not possibly understand taxes any less than I do. Not by a long shot. The last 2 years, we were sure we would owe huge and we received in excess of $1300. This year after some hefty deductions such as a BABY, hospital & medical bills for a BABY, childcare credit for a BABY, and an ear tube surgery for the BABY, thousands and thousands of dollars- we owe. We owe only $270. Not a budget busting amount. But still, we owe. It may be my hormones or the fact that everything sound in my life is about to be stripped away, but I really would have liked to have a refund with a new baby coming, my future as a SAHM, and an impending move.



5. I am also 5 days away from my second trimester with this little cupcake growing in my belly. Ryland and I have chosen names for it that we really love and are looking forward to sharing them as soon as we find out the sex. Everything I read says that it is way too early but I really feel like I feel the little tator tot wiggling sometimes. Maybe it's just gas, but whatever it is, it is very reassuring. :)



6. How bout big Mike's kick off and save on Idol this week. Holy cow! Here's my top 4: Crystal, Big Mike, Casey, and Siobhan. What do you think?



7. I have a confession. I have shamefully, in secret, been playing a game called Papaya Farm on my i-phone. I didn't want to farm on facebook because I loathe/hate/detest getting 50 updates a day about people's farm. I understand their addiction, but I also don't want to alienate my friends. So I have been playing in secret. But thank God, I'm over it now. I am going to delete it from my phone soon. I think. Is there such a thing as free app hoarding? I think I just invented my own new mental illness.



8. To all my preggo buddies- If you do not have a bella band, you will be sorry. I have gotten fat so fast this time around. I haven't gained a pound but my belly is ginormous already. I am not fat enough for full on maternity pants, but I can't button my normal stuff. The bella band is saving my gut. You should consider shelling out the $30 to get one. Or borrow one from a momma who isn't using it. I can't believe I went my whole first pregnancy without it.



9. I pity vote for Kate Gosselin every week on DWTS. I want her to have money for her cute kids even if she is the worst dancer ever. She is not a perfect, or even a very nice person, but she has had a hard year and I feel like maybe a vote from a fellow sympathetic (or maybe just pathetic) mom may help her provide for her kids. I need to cut back on my reality TV time. DVR has ruined my life.



10. I am going to leave you with a video of the cutest little guy ever watching his DVD, "Curious Buddies on the Farm". The song he likes is called "Cows, Chickens, and Pigs". He is mooing along and even snorts like a pig at one point. For those who are judging my parenting, and the fact that I let my 14 month old watch TV, I have one question. Is your kid mooing???He loves mooing and he loves Sesame Street.



It's a hard knock life raising a baby genius. Click it and love it.


http://www.vimeo.com/10818206



All my love,


Mindy

No comments: