Tuesday, August 12, 2008

The Appointment 8/12/08

As you know, I had very high hopes that I would have another ultrasound today. It did not happen. BUMMITY BUM BUMMER.

Oh well.

We got to Dr. K's office. I went in and got weighed. I was not excited about stepping on the scales. Since I stopped throwing up everyday I have grown a bit of a pot belly. (Understatement) I knew I was about to get in trouble. I haven't exactly been the queen of eating healthy. Don't get me wrong, I am eating lots of fruits and veggies and drinking my water, but I am chasing those good things with lots of carb-alicious things like noodles and reese's peanut butter puffs cereal. And I feel like Tad likes those things better anyways. He is my child afterall. :) Do you think Dr. K will buy that? Anyways, I got on the scale and amazingly, I weighed the same as 4 and 1/2 weeks ago and had even lost a few ounces. I was shocked and amazed. I told the nurses that my theory is this: I puked off my butt and my muffin top and when the weight came back it all went straight to my belly. They found it quite humorous, but I really think thats what happened. I bet next time my weight gain will be in the positive.

We went to the exam room and they tested my urine, which had sickeningly been stored inside of two ziplock bags and a Wal-Mart bag inside my purse all day. I get to do this everytime, GAG. Everything looked great. My blood pressure was lower than usual. Good stuff. Dr. K came in and pressed on my belly to measure it. He said growth looked good. Then he got out a little machine that looked like a wireless lapel microphone to listen for the heartbeat. He jammed it into my fat belly. It took him too long for my comfort to find the heartbeat. I think Tad was not loving being poked with a cold microphone, so he tried to swim way back in my tummy. In reality it was probably more like 45 seconds but when you are a freaker outer such as myself, your mind starts to panic thinking that something is wrong. Well, he found it, we heard it, and he said it was good and strong. Praise the Lord.

We did not get to have an ultrasound, but Ryland asked when we could find out the sex. Dr. K said it would be at 22 weeks. That is 8 stinking weeks away! BLAH! We were disappointed but looking forward to an October surprise. Until then I can look longingly at pink and blue things and dream of dressing Tad in them.

Praise God for another good report.

Thanks again for your prayers and encouragements. I love you all.

Mindy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mindy!!! I had the same thought about my food intake yesterday. I did a bad job at breakfast of providing a healthy balanced meal...Cookies??? I really wanted them and I ate them thinking that she needed a break from all that Malt-O-Meal I've been force feeding myself. :)
We are so kindred! I love you! I'm so glad for the awesome report yesterday for you and Ryland! You guys should find out what sex Tad is about the same time we see our Elliana in person for the first time. I CAN HARDLY WAIT FOR OCTOBER, for me and for you!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE! ♥