Thursday, September 4, 2008

18 weeks and counting, thats 4 1/2 months for the non-pregnant readers

Hello all. Life is back in full swing again. New class. New year. New strains of the stomach flu. That's right. The good ole stomach flu. And if it isn't bad enough just to have it, I have had it twice, yes, two times in the last week. I called Dr. K's office because it makes me worry about little Tad. Dr. K's nurse told me that the baby is fine, your body builds up fat stores for times like that. But even at 4 and 1/2 months, it still scares me. I still have minutes where I am so scared to lose this baby. But again, the voice of fear is not of God and not what I will listen to.

Tad has started to occasionally kick me. Especially around meal time, which I am loving. It isn't all the time yet, but I am enjoying feeling those sweet little jerks in my belly.

I have an awesome class this year. They are such sweet kids. A little boy in my class told me today that he had noticed my belly but "you aren't supposed to ask girls if they are pregnant in case they are just chubby." It was cute. And I am chubby, just not usually this chubby.

We should be getting a new "Gurt" list next week. I have been really Gurt-sick lately. I have been thinking about Gurt so much. I am ready for that sweet kid to be here. We have so many fun days to look forward to.

I need to brag on my hubs. Ryland just booked Texas Super Summer for June of next year. This is his biggest gig to date and I am so incredibly proud. Tad and I will be going as "roadies" or baggage, whatever. We will just be glad to support Ry. I have a feeling that Ryland will have to make a lot more trips to Texas after they see how wonderful he is, which is fine by me.

We go back to see Dr. K next Monday (9/8), and we have our 3D ultrasound on Saturday (9/13). We finally get to give Tad a real name when we see his/her real face. I am so excited and I will post all of that fun information as soon as we know something. I can't wait to share it with you all.

Prayer Focus:
1) Pray that all of my sickness hasn't affected Tad. Pray that Tad continues to grow big and strong.
2) Pray for protection safety and good health for Gurt and that God will bring him to us when it is time.
3) Pray that my immune system is strong and that I don't burn up anymore of my sick leave.
4) Praise- for my wonderful new class.
5) Dr. K - a good report on Monday
6) 3D Ultrasound - that Tad shows his/her goodies to the camera. We need to know whether to buy baby dolls or footballs!
7) Ry- that God continues to prepare him for all the big things ahead.

I love you all- thanks for remembering us.

Mindy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the tummy troubles, seems that virus is always going around somewhere! Cast all your cares on Him and trust Him, He is ever near....prayers and hugs, Mom

Anonymous said...

It won't be long and your little Tad will decide to go bananas at night - just when you are getting comfy to sleep.