Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Closing

Today is closing day on my house in Guthrie. 

The house that took forever to sell. The house that sucked our savings dry. The house that had a stupid pipe burst when were totally broke. The house that had to have stupid piers put in because the stupid foundation was bad. 

But as I make the 2 hour drive today to sign that house over I am teary and nostalgic. After all, that was the first home that my young husband and I bought together. We decorated it and made it ours. We brought our first child home to that house. We celebrated, grieved, healed, and prayed beautiful prayers in that house. We made memories there that we sweet- like being snowed in with ALL of Ryland's family for a few days one winter, Isaac's first tornado scare not to mention his first steps, finding out we were expecting Hope, new jobs, grieving loved ones, and knowing beyond a shadow of a doubt that God was there with us. 

Luckily that doesn't change just because you move. 

But that tiny little starter house was home. 

I look at our 2 renters that have lived in since. Both are wonderful in their own way but I still don't feel like I have been able to settle & grow roots yet. Lord willing that will come in time. My prayer is that God will help me to be content in all circumstances. That home can be wherever I am. Wherever my husband and kiddos are. Wherever I can unpack a suitcase.

I am thankful for our time in Guthrie. But as we sign it over & close that chapter of our lives, I pray that I can move forward, fondly remembering what is behind, but looking forward with hope to what lies ahead. 

Goodbye 1616 E shadycreek. You were good to us.

No comments: