Monday, March 14, 2011

I Am Stingy- And Not Really Sorry

I am stingy when it comes to my kids. I admit it.

I have an extremely difficult time sharing them.

It's not that I don't trust others with them. I just feel that God gave them to me & I take the responsibility for their care & well being very seriously. It is MY job- and I may not be the best at it but I want to be the one doing it.

I hate leaving them with anyone. I worry constantly. I worry that I'll miss something, that they'll need me, that someone won't do it right. Or worse, that they'll do it better than me & win a piece of my kids' hearts that formerly was occupied by me. Whatever "it" is.

Next to my salvation & my husband- they are my treasure. It is scary to love like I love them. It is painful to think of a life without them- here or in eternity.

So don't be offended that I hold them too close or don't solicit bavysitters or won't let you help me out when one is screaming and the other is covered in a body fluid & I am carrying 5 bags. They are my responsibility & my privilege. And I am stingy when it comes to them.

1 comment:

Jen said...

You make me laugh. :)
(But it IS ok to ask for help sometimes...it's not a failure on your part to care of your precious little darlings! :)