Thursday, November 1, 2012

30 Days I'd Like to Re-Live

Please note that I didn't say 30 days I'd like to go back and change. The older that I become, the more I realize the fragile nature and unreliability of memory. And because of that, there are days I wish I could go back & visit- like watching a movie for a second time. You always see things in more detail the second time. And having lived so much life since these days my life experiences have made the memory of these days so much more precious. These are my choices. 

30. The day my brother was born. I was only 3 but I wonder what I thought and felt that day. 
29.The day I received the PLC scholarship at UCO. Life changer. 
28. Any day from my trip to Disney World. 
27. Any day where I used to be a size 6. 
26. Any Friday night I spent in the sidelines as a high-school cheerleader. 
25.The day I moved away from my parents. 
24. A day from one of my summers in Grove at my grandparents lake house. 
23. The first time Ryland kissed me. 
22. Any of the nights I spent in my grandparents' Barnsdall homeplaces.
21. My 16th birthday. 
20. A lazy summer day poolside with my family as a teenager. 
19.Any night where my babies were tiny enough to sleep all night on my chest. 
18.A day from my time as an RA working for my friend Steph. 
17.A day from Energy Camp where I met my Morgan. 
16.Any Miriam adventure from any decade. 
15.Any Falls Creek day from my teen years. 
14. The day Ryland proposed to me over a picnic at Birch Lake.
13.Any Christmas Eve/Day of my childhood. I am so homesick for the magic of those sweet days. 
12.The days that my kids said their first words and walked for the first time. 
11. Graduations- high school & college. 
10.The first time I saw the ocean in junior high. 
9.Any post-football game cruising session with Aubrey and Charity in the Merc. 
8. The first time I ever sang in church. It took so much courage. Still makes me a nervous wreck. 
7.The day after fall finals at college- any year. What feels better than Christmas break at home during college? 
6. My first day as a teacher in 2005. 
5.Any of the days of my honeymoon in Jamaica. 
4.The days I found out I was expecting my kids- June 13, 2008 and February 6, 2010. 
3.The days my children were born. 
2. My wedding day. 
1.  The day that Jesus became more than a story, he became mine. The most important day. I'm so thankful for this. It truly gives meaning & purpose to all the other days. I hope each of you have experienced this "day" in your life. 

What day would you like to re-live? 

No comments: