Friday, July 11, 2008

Seeing Is Believing

Psalm 139: 13-16
13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
16 your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

As I have expressed, it strikes fear into my heart to go to the doctor. Very seldom have I went into Dr. K's office to receive good news. Things in the past have been "I'm sorry..." "There's a cyst", "Let's try this drug", "Maybe next month". Never fun things to see or hear. Until recently when it has all seemed to change.

I went to Dr. K yesterday for my second scheduled pre-natal visit. It was exciting because I have never made it this far before. I expected the regular 15 minute visit, but it was not to be yesterday. Ryland knew I was nervous and tried to make me laugh but threatening to document our doctor's visit with his I-phone. I lovingly told him that I would smash his precious I-phone if I saw it out during any point of my exam. He told me that it would be great pictures for the blog. We disagreed. I won. Dr. K measured my uterus and told me that it looked good and it appeared to be growing normally. Yay! He said he wanted to do an ultrasound to confirm that the baby was growing as well. Again, ultrasounds are terrifying because too many times they have given bad news. But not today. We clearly saw Tad immediately. He looks like a real baby. He was waving his little hands and kicking his feet. It was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. I saw my baby. And even as I type, I am still crying. It was a moment that I will never forget. Dr. K showed us his spinal cord and measured him, all 2 inches. I am now 10 weeks pregnant, our due date moved up to February 4, 2009. Good news- all of it. After some routine bloodwork, where a nurse routinely missed my vein, we left the hospital after an hour and a half. We didn't even care, we were too elated.

We will be posting the newest ultrasound picture as soon as we get to a scanner. We want you all to see Tad's cute little alienish face.

As I mentioned earlier, we are still waiting on the list of potential Gurts to look over. We may get it this weekend or on Monday. We are so excited to see it. It feels like we have waited FOREVER! We are anxious to get started.

Prayer Focus:

1) Praise God for the good thing he is doing in me. May I never forget to be thankful even in the throes of the worst pregnancy symptom. God does all things well.

2) Please lift up Tad in prayer. If he can hang in there for 2 more weeks my risk of miscarriage drops by 60%. I am still in a fragile place in the pregnancy. Please pray that Tad stay safe in my womb until he is fully capable of living in me and Ryland's arms.

3) Again pray that God will help us look at the list of possible Gurts and be able to decided which is the right one. Ask that God will guide us clearly. Also pray that Gurt is safe and healthy and being loved. Pray that he is unaffected by whatever took him out of his home and will be open to receive love from us when the day comes.

Thank you again for all of your prayers. I truly can feel them and I saw the results yesterday, and if all goes bad tomorrow, God is good and he's still in control.

Love you all.

Mindy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i am praying!!! I am so excited and nervous for you guys.

Love,
Lizzie

Jessica said...

I am still praying for you guys! I can't wait to see the pics of Tad.

Anonymous said...

Praying constantly for all of your requests! How about Faith for the name? You both of plenty of it!
Love ya both,
Valerie

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you 4 daily. I am so excited for what God is doing in your lifes. It is amazing what will happen if we will just stop, listen and obey. YEAH YEAH YEAH!