Sunday, July 27, 2008

This is Whiny- Be Warned

Okay, for those who think I am too whiny (Mom & Lane amongst others I am sure), you might want to stop reading now. Just fair warning.

I am being selfish.

Ryland and I leave for our vacation on Tuesday night. I am nervous. Last Wednesday I spotted a teeny tiny bit. I immediately rested and it only happened once. No big deal, everything is fine. In the last week I have had 2 migraine headaches. Yesterday it was so bad that I did not get out of bed and I had to take 3 of my (high risk pregnancy doctor prescribed) pills before it worked, which scares me anyways. I don't want to take anything so I wait until I am miserable and usually by that point I am too sick for just one pill to work. Then I feel guilty for taking them, it is a vicious cycle. I threw up twice, which I am not sure if it was from the headache or morning sickness. Luckily, that is the only time this whole week that I have thrown up, so that's a positive. I also have had nosebleeds and dry sinuses about everyday, which doesn't really hurt, its just annoying. Maybe as annoying as my whining.

Anyways, back to me being selfish. I selfishly want to ask for your prayers while we are away. We are going to Mexico and I (again) selfishly want to enjoy myself and not ruin the trip for my husband. If you can squeeze me in this week, please pray first and foremost that God will protect Tad and my body from any germs or food that would make us sick or hurt us. And pray that my morning sickness and migraine issues would be minimal. Mexico is nice and humid, so maybe my sinus stuff will feel better. Also pray for no spotting, I think that if I am that far away I could very easily freak out even if it is over nothing. Pray for my silly anxiety, that God will lovingly remind me over and over that he is taking care of me. And pray for my Gurt, wherever he may be.

PRAISE! I have passed the 12 week mark. I finish my first tri-mester on Thursday. Hallelujah! Now in only 27 1/2 weeks I will hopefully have a sweet little Tad tagging along with me.

Again, my dear blogland readers, I cannot in this lifetime thank you enough for all of your prayers and well wishes. It does my heart so much good to get your e-mails, facebook posts, and encouraging words - I feel more loved than I deserve. Thank you for allowing God to send you as an encourager to me. On my yuckiest days I am so thankful that you accept me in all of my whiny-ness, and that you let me be real and honest about how I feel, even though it is usually not so good lately. I love you all dearly, and I hope my sincere gratitude shows.

I hope you know that even as annoying as all these pregnancy side effects are, I already love the reason (Tad) more than I can ever put into words. I will feel bad everyday if it means this little one comes to me in good shape in a few months.

I apologize for being Debbie downer - thanks for listening and praying.

God IS Love,
Mindy

P.S.- Miriam B. - it did my heart good to talk to you the other day. I hope today is sunny in Guam. I love you.

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

I'll be praying for you from Kansas. I quickly scan all the blog spots in my list, several times a day. As I get to yours, I love saying prayers for Tad and Gurt. Be careful in Mexico (a "grandma" worrying) and try to get some MUCH needed rest and fun.

Anonymous said...

I do not feel that you are being whinny at all. I understand your concerns. I pray for daily and look forward to your next post. Have a fun and relaxing time in Mexico and try to relax and enjoy every min. of it.

Jessica said...

Hi Mindy and Ry!

I am still praying for you guys every night and I wish you all the fun and happiness Mexico can bring! Becareful and get lots of rest lady!

Anonymous said...

So so so glad you're home and feeling well-

Hey, btw-I started feeling flutters at about 13ish weeks, so there's something new and wonderful to look forward to! :) I'm so glad you are doing well and are heading into the second trimester! It is by far the most fun! Although, this third one is not as bad as I expected or had heard (it's great).
I can't wait to read about you feeling Tad move for the first time!!! I love you Min! :)
Stay well and rested!