Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Update- Branson, A Wedding, 9 Weeks 3 Days

Ryland and I got back from an amazing trip from Branson yesterday with both sides of his family. We stayed with the Bush side in a wonderful resort called the French Quarter. We shared a room with his sister Jilian, her hubby Jon, and my sweet niece, Jaisa. It was wonderful to get to be with another pregnant woman. I thought that maybe I was going insane, that maybe I was the only woman in the world experiencing all the wonderful nauseating side effects of pregnancy. I am sorry she is still feeling bad at 14 weeks, but at least I know that I am not crazy.

We got there last Saturday after a five plus hour drive and invaded the pool. Then had a lovely dinner in. Sunday was lake day. I got up and threw up, which is my morning routine these days. I ate breakfast took a doctor approved nausea pill and got dressed for the lake. I was feeling pretty well and was excited to go out on the boat, but after ten minutes of standing on the constantly moving dock, I promptly got in my car, drove back to the hotel and laid down until the world stopped moving. On Monday, Ryland's Grandma Mary from the Russell side got married to her love, Tom Rose. The ceremony was at Silver Dollar City in the Wilderness Chapel. Mary was paraded into the park by someone carrying a bell, everyone applauded as she made her way to the chapel. Ryland's Dad, Fred, walked her down the aisle in the beautiful old log church. Tom was adorable as he waited decked out in his suit. Mary wore a soft pink beaded dress, and she is a strikingly beautiful woman, but that day she was radiant. The service was short- Ryland and Jilian sang " From This Moment" and then the new husband kissed his bride. Pregnancy hormones got the best of me and I cried through the WHOLE service. The chapel bells rang and Tom and Mary were taken by a horse drawn carriage (complete with a "just hitched" sign on the back) to the reception. We had a yummy buffet and cake (except for me because sweets gross me out right now) in the upstairs room of a restaurant in Silver Dollar City. After the wedding we went in to Silver Dollar City to play for awhile. But by that point I was hot and tired and not at all feeling well, so my darling husband took me back to the hotel and loved on me in the air conditioning. Tuesday we returned to Silver Dollar City. It was much cooler and I was feeling much better. We spent most of the morning with Ryland's uncle, Kent, his wife Georgia and their son, Blake. Ryland and Kent are very close and we enjoyed getting to spend some quality time with them, even if it included watching a Veggie Tales play. (Behold my future!) We left Branson around 4 yesterday and made it home around 10. It was a fantastic trip but we were glad to be in our own beds last night.

Tomorrow is my next doctor's appointment for Tad. Things are going great, I am having all of the side effects, taking my vitamins and using my progesterone but it still scares me to death to go to the doctor. I still struggle with so much fear. We have never made it this far before which is encouraging, but we aren't out of the woods yet. With each day that passes I am growing more and more attached to this now one inch long person growing in my belly and I want so much for this to work. More than anything I want God's will to be done in my life, but it is my heart's desire to have this baby. As for tomorrow, I have no idea what to expect. I don't know what tests will be done or what questions will be asked. All I am praying for is good news.

Ryland and I had a girl name picked out since pregnancy number 2, But we have found out that two other couples that we love dearly have chosen to use the same name. Bummer. So we have decided not to use that name. We have a boy name picked out, but we are now looking for a girl name. And if Jilian's voo-doo pencil test is correct, it predicted that this little one is a girl. An ultrasound later will tell. If you have any name suggestions, please do tell. We will probably not be sharing our names until after the first tri-mester when we are a little "safer". But we want something that has some kind of significance. This baby is part of our testimony and ministry and we want to honor God by attempting to choose a name that brings him glory, though not necessarily a biblical name.

On Monday, Maggie, our caseworker signed us up for waiting children. I should get our list later this week or early next week. Ryland and I are going to prayerfully go through the list and decide which children we want to pursue and which ones we want to turn down. We are so excited to move forward with this. It has been a long process, but a God ordained process where we have been guided every step by the one who is building our family.

Prayer Focus:

1) Please continue to pray for my babies Tad and Gurt. That God would protect them both and give good health and safety.

2) Pray for Dr. K tomorrow as we continue on in this pregnancy adventure!

3) Pray for Maggie that she would continue to communicate well with us about what happens next in the search for Gurt.

4) Please continue to keep my Morgan and her family in your prayers. Their loss is massive and there are so many difficult feelings to sort through. Pray that God would be very present in their home and show himself minute by minute and hour by hour.

5) Selfishly, I am going to ask that you pray for me. I think I am having every pregnancy symptom in the book. I will endure it all if it means that Tad is safe in my womb but I am sure having some miserable moments. Pray that God would give me some relief. I love the reason for all of these crazy things happening to my body, but it sure is not fun sometimes.

I love you all. Thanks for caring about my little rapidly expanding universe. God is so good and I am enjoying sharing it all with you.

Mindy

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Mindy,

I am so glad you got to go to Branson and at least try to participate in all of the family activities. I am still praying for you everytime I think of you which is suprisingly often! It has been at least 2 or 3 times daily. I really am happy for you guys and I love reading about your adventures!

Jessie said...

I think a great girl name for your baby would be Faith! It's written all over your testimony!!!