Monday, June 30, 2008

Update- Tad, Gurt and Morgan's Family

Good news! I have officially passed the 8 week mark. I have made it farther than in any other pregnancy. Bad News! I am sick as a dog. I throw up basically every day and my "morning sickness" , that is a lie if ever I have heard one. I am nauseated ALL DAY LONG! I am happy to feel bad though if it means that Tad is healthy and in February I get to hold him. Please pray that I am one of the lucky few whose morning sickness ends at 12 weeks. Maybe if enough of you are asking God for that He will be merciful on me. For the record He is and has always been merciful to me and I will be sick for as long as He needs me to. It just seems odd that I am losing weight. I thought a pregnancy was all about "blossoming".

If I didn't make it clear, Tad is doing great after our scare last week. The bleeding and cramping stopped the same day and all is well for now. I want to say a huge thank you for all who so fervently prayed for my little tadpole. God is teaching me so much about giving things to him. I have to give Tad to Him everyday, or else I would worry all the time. I am so thankful that there are so many of you lifting my pregnancy up in prayer. Regardless of what happens next, I know that I have so much support from all of you.

Gurt News- Ryland and I are being signed up for prospective adoptive kids this week. Please pray that God guides Maggie, our caseworker, to the names that God would match us up with. We have to trust in her that she knows who we fit with. And we hope that God reveals that clearly to us when the time comes. We will be recieving a list next week that has non-identifying information about the children that we have been signed up for and from there we can accept or reject the choices that have been made for us. Pray that we are sensitive to the spirit and guided in the right direction.

Ryland and I are going to Branson on Saturday to spend some much needed lake time with his mother's family, the Bushes. We are also going to witness the wedding of his Dad's mother, MAry Russell to her sweetheart, Tom Rose. We are looking forward to getting to love on the whole family and enjoy time with them. Please pray that I am a good traveler. I had a very tough time on the road today to and from Carnegie, only and two and a half hour trip as opposed to the six hour drive on Saturday. Please pray that God will give me comfort in our commute. I am nervous about that and really having trouble feeling good during the day. I want to enjoy Silver Dollar City and Boat Rides rather than having to miss out.

I attended Landon's memorial service today. That family is hurting so much right now. It breaks my heart for my friend, Morgan. There are going to be so many hard days ahead. But I was reminded today that at the end of everything these three things remain: faith, hope and love. Faith that Landon had in Jesus Christ- he is in the presence of his creator at this moment. What a blessing. Hope for a bright tomorrow- God has a plan for everything and though it will be hard, hope that God has good things in store for this family. And love, my favorite. I have never experienced a loss of that magnitude, but I know that time and distance and even death don't hamper love. It is truly eternal. I hope that Morgan's family can cling to that love that will always remain. Please keep this sweet family in your prayers. Ask God to increase their faith, hope, and love in Christ.

Thank you so much all of you sweet prayer warriors. Your support and encouragement means more to me and Ry than you will ever know. Please keep my pushy prayer requests in mind. I love you all so much.

Mindy

P.S.- According to my baby development books, Tad lost his tail this week! He is staring to look less like a blob of goo and more like a baby! Praise the Lord!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mindy & Ry,

I am still praying for you guys and Tad & Gurt. I know that you will be blessed, and I can't wait for you to receive the babies you are meant to have. I love you guys.

Jessica Marshall