Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Little Scare

Today has been a yucky day. I have been muy sick and Ryland was at Falls Creek. I woke up this morning feeling decent, I went to the bathroom to find that I had started spotting. As you know, I have started spotting before only to lose all three previous pregnancies. So I flipped out, calmed down and called my doctor, then Ryland.

Ryland was offered a vehicle by a sweet friend from church. He headed home immediately. My Mom has been staying with me and she took me to see Dr. K. I got there and headed for the ultrasound room. Again, terror stricken. 1 good one out of 20something bad ones does not make for good odds. Dr. K began and I was ready again for bad news. But none to be had today. Tad is growing and had a perfect heartbeat, good speed and everything. Dr. K's nurse told me it must be a little boy being onery and trying to scare me.

I went into the waiting room where my Mom was waiting. I told her things were fine. She was shocked and we had a good cry right there. We met Ryland at the elevator and I told him that things are fine for right now. He is going to stay home with me tonight and tomorrow before he decides whether or not to head back to Falls Creek.

My bleeding has stopped for now but I am still crampy and that scares me. Please pray that God will sustain this pregnancy. But more than anything pray for his will to be done and for me and Ryland to accept that regardless. Pray also for the bleeding and cramping to stop. We are leaving Tad in his hands. All we can do is pray and wait. But we choose to put our hope in Tad's creator and life sustainer.

Love you all.

Mindy

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

Praying MUCH for all of you.
Cheryl

Megan said...

I'm glad you were able to get checked and everything was ok! I am praying for you and little Tad and Gurt!

Cindy said...

Oh you are so much in my prayers. I am so glad everything turned out well.

randomfaceinthecrowd said...

I am so happy for you! I am praying for you and your body that God will have a hand of protection around you both.

Fred said...

Mindy & Ry,

We Love guys! We are praying for you both along with Tad. I'm glad things were good. After so many disappointments over time its easy to read the circumstances of the situation and expect the worst. Stay positive, and know you are loved greatly by both Cyndi & I. (If from a few hundred miles away!)

Anonymous said...

Tad! haha...that's a great name. Robert and I called Emma Nemo. We are praying for you guys. PLEASE let me know if there's anything I can do to help. If you just need someone to hang out with or whatever...I'm there!