Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Gurt's Shopping Trip

I heard from our caseworker yesterday. In a week or so we should be getting our first list of available children. We are so excited to go through and see what and who is available. I know I am very demanding on your prayer lives and I cannot tell you how much we appreciate it, but again, I am going to ask that you pray specifically that God guides our eyes and our hearts to the names on that list that has has chosen for us. We see more and more with each passing day that God has his hand in all of this and we are amazed by how perfect and unexpected his plan is for us.





I went yesterday and bought Gurt's furniture for the baby room. I bought a crib, changing table, dresser and mattress. The crib is a convertible crib so it could also be a big boy/girl bed should Gurt be a non-baby. It is cherry wood and I think it will be beautiful. We will start putting it together soon and hopefully our marriage will be able to survive another project of that magnitude. I am going to try and post a picture but that may have to wait until my husband (the techno weenie as our pastor calls him) comes home.



Hey, it looks good from here. We'll see if it ends up posted correctly. This is the set we bought except the wood is cherry. That is me and Gurt in the picture being happy that Ryland put all of it together for us.

I have a very special shout-out to add. My cousin Danna Jo Brown just got engaged to her long-time boyfriend Jim Shaw last week. I am so happy for the two of you and I hope marriage is as fun for you as it has been for me and Ryland. There is something sublimely wonderful about having someone that loves you enough to deal with all of your craziness and still wants to be with you at the end of the day. (Not that the two of you are crazy, I can only speak for myself.) Congratulations. I am so happy for both of you. I'll be praying for you both as you get ready for the adventure that is marriage.

I love you all. Please keep Gurt's health and safety in your prayers as well as our caseworker, Maggie.

Ry, Happy 3rd anniversary tomorrow. It just keeps getting sweeter. I love you like a fat kid loves cake.

Mindy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the furniture! Your baby Gurt is going to be so happy! I am still praying for you guys!

Jessica Marshall

HS said...

Mindy,
I'm so excited that you have picked out furniture and are getting ready for your baby!!! I can't wait to hold it and pinch it, and then point to Chris and blame him for pinching it. I love Gurt already and will be praying for the three of you everyday.
Love you!
Haley