Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Things I Love Right Now...

1. Zofran -My morning sickness is FINALLY starting to wane. I only threw up 3 times last week as opposed to 5-6 times per week. Thank you Jesus, keep the good days coming. Zofran is an anti-nausea medication that my Dr. gave me. It is mega-expensive, but if I am feeling bad it almost always works beautifully. And my pharmacist friends tell me it is a category 2 drug which is very safe for little Tad.

2. My new bracelet- My friend from church, Kim, made me a super cute bracelet. It has blue, white and pink beads and says Tad & Gurt's names on it. I have been wearing it everyday and I love when people ask me about it. It gives me a great opportunity to brag on how good God is.

3. Cindy Bergren and her big closet.- On Sunday nights this summer, me and Ry are attending the bible study, "Men are Like Waffles, Women are Like Spaghetti". It is at Steven and Cindy's house and last Sunday Cindy generously took me to her big closet and gave me a ton of maternity clothes. She is short like me and after an hour long try-on session, I will be able to use 90% of it. Why only 90%, because honestly some of it was heinous on me. I figured if it is not cute on my body at 3 months, it won't be cute when I am a giant walrus. So a HUGE thank you to Cindy. Someday I hope I will be returning the favor.

4. My tummy- I woke up last Saturday to discover that I have "popped". I have never made it this far before in a pregnancy, so I haven't experienced the joyous day that everything gets tight. Ryland and my friend Lynnse swear that I don't look different but I am thinking they are just being sweet. It really gets big at night. The only thing is, it doesn't quite look like a baby bump, it just looks like I have been hitting the Krispy Kremes too hard. Oh well, I have never been happier to be a chubber. Someday when I actually like eating again I am sure I will enjoy it.

5. My husband- I have not been the easiest person to live with over the past few months. I am a vomitous, cranky mess a lot. But Ryland has been so sweet and patient with me and all my high maintenance antics. He wakes up and asks me every morning if he can do anything for me. Usually I ask for a bottle of water and buttered toast and he always fetches it for me. He takes very good care of me and I am the luckiest girl ever.

6.Project Runway - Yes, it is back. It is my FAVORITE show and the people on this season are even crazier than usual. I am not fashionable, I do not sew, but I love to see these nutcases make designer gowns out of trash in 2 hours. It is amazing.

7. Kind strangers- Today I blew a tire in my car. Not three minutes later a nice man pulled up and offered to change my tire. In five minutes I was set. I asked if I could pay him, he said no. Not many people will stop on a 100 degree day and change a tire for someone. God bless Marion for his kindness.

8. Baby Boy Crow- My friend Chalea who will be Tad and Gurt's babysitter is expecting a baby boy. This may not seem earth shattering but Chalea has had many of the same pregnancy issues that I have had. Chalea has three darling girls and has experienced a lot of losses. And she is finally getting a boy! I am so excited for this family.

9. Mexico- countdown.. 8 days! -I am so pumped about heading off on vacation with Ryland for 5 nights. I am ready for sandy beaches and lazy days. It will be a great little escape before going back to work.

As always, keep my 2 babies, Tad and Gurt, in your prayers. I hit 12 weeks on Thursday. Have a great week. Love to you all.

Mindy

2 comments:

randomfaceinthecrowd said...

i am so glad you are comfortable. I have to tell you I had lunch with Tiney the other day and we were talking about your blog. We both love it and we love you!

Cindy said...

Hey, I love Project Runway too! I was so excited it started back up.