Saturday, May 22, 2010

My HOPE has come true....

At the beginning of this year I chose the word "hope" as my one word resolution for the year. I never quite knew what amazing things would transpire as a result.

At the beginning of the year I prayed for several things:
1) That Ry would get a job back in music ministry
2) That I could stay home with Isaac
3) That maybe, just maybe, God would give us another baby

Did God show up or what?

I am not the mostly faithful, or devout, or holy person. I am in no way perfect. I do bad things, eat bad things, say bad words and worse sometimes. But I put my hope and faith in a holy, faithful, and perfect God who loves me so much that He would provide things that I am in no way worthy of. Like today.

I "met" my daughter, Hope Angeline Russell, on ultrasound for the first time. There is no way that I could have named her anything else. My hope in God, my hope that I COULD EVER have another child, my hope for our family's future culminated today when I was told that I was getting the daughter that I had hoped for the entire time. I can't wait to meet her in person, to hold her for the first time and to tell her the story of how she and her brother are miracles. I can't wait to see her wrap her daddy around her finger and play with her brother. God knew she is exactly what we need and even now He is perfecting her to fit in with the craziness of our lives.

Thank you God for today- I couldn't have HOPE'd for better. I can't wait for the chance to mother a daughter. I am truly blessed beyond my wildest of dreams.

Here is a link to Hope's ultrasound. I realize that it says "BABY NELSON" in the top left hand corner, the ultrasound tech apologized, but I assure you it is really our footage.

www.AnticipationBabyView.com/AUSTUL/Baby1005221326.asf

Love,
Mindy

Isaac and Hope's Over the Moon Mommy

No comments: