Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Letter "2" My Baby Guy

Dear Sweet Sonno,

Today we are snowed in under 21 inches of snow. We were supposed to head to Arkansas to celebrate your birthday with your Mimi and Poppy. Sadly, those plans were changed by God and Mother Nature. So instead of a fun party planned by your Mimi, you'll have to settle for a homemade cake from me and a small, party of 4, birthday celebration in our living room.

I am bumfuzzled. I cannot believe that 2 years have passed since I held you in my arms and saw your face for the first time. My whole world has changed since then. I have changed jobs, location, family size, and clothing size since then. The time has raced by at breakneck speed.

You have grown up so much, you are such a big boy. You can say anything. Sometimes you are silly and do things for a laugh- like tickle your sister. You are tender hearted- when I cry you are very sweet to come and pat me with your sweet little hands. You are a hugger and a reluctant kisser. You love to sing and dance. You love animals, mostly dinos. You throw fits when you are frustrated and don't get what you want- but who doesn't. You are so beautiful. Your eyes sparkle, and your smile melts my heart. The thought that you will fall in love with some other woman someday hurts me!

In the coming year you will learn how to use the potty, transition to a toddler bed, speak in complete sentences, and learn more than you will at any other time in your life. I am so blessed that I get to be home with you to witness all of these things.

I hope that you know that I treasure you. You were a prayer answered and a promise from God fulfilled. I hope you know that God has a special plan for you- I pray that I am capable of preparing you. You are a miracle. You are a gift. And no matter where you go or what happens- you were so wanted.

Isaac, I love you more than I can ever tell you. Happy second birthday. I am so proud of you, and I always will be.

Love, Momma

No comments: