Tuesday, February 8, 2011

This Month

In February:

Isaac's Birthday $$

Ryland's Birthday $$

Repairs on the Guthrie House $$$

Closing on the Guthrie House $$$

Foundation Inspection $$$

Foundation Repair and Piers $$$

Broken cell phone replacement $$

Car Tag & Late Fees (I didn't know they weren't sending the reminders anymore!)$$$

Unexpected House Costs $$$

Rent & Mortgage $$$$

All of these things add up to one month of financial impossibility.

Our monthly income is not enough $$$$ to cover all of these things.We had some extra money in savings, but not enough. Not even close. But then God showed up. Ryland had a gig and brought home more than twice the amount he was supposed to. Then our church family came to our rescue once more. We would have been okay. I was planning on cashing in some annuities from my teaching career to cover it all with no debt.(Dave Ramsey would have had a cow!) But God provided, 2 times before we even knew we had a need. To those nameless people who lovingly provided for us: Thank you. I can't even type without tears in my eyes. It is too much and I hope God blesses you a hundredfold for your generosity. My pride never would have allowed me to ask for help, but I am not too proud to humbly say thank you. Thank you, thank you, thank you. You have been the hands and feet of God to us. We will never forget God's faithfulness and how you allowed God to use you in blessing us.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Anytime I have worried about making ends meet, God has come through with more than my whiny self deserved! I don't know how or why; I just know I am grateful. I am also grateful for your blessings. Miss you.

Christina said...

God is so good! I'm glad you're surviving this month. Hopefully next will be mucho easier!