Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Why Not Me?

"Why not me? " Beautiful words spoken by a friend of mine who is fighting breast cancer for a second time. Instead of asking "why me, Lord" she asks "why not me?". In a moment that will forever be etched in my heart, my sweet friend spoke of how through her storm, she would have an opportunity to know God in a way that others around her wouldn't.

I thought of my house experience. Of how it is such a small thing in comparison to fighting cancer. But I have spent ENDLESS hours asking "why me?". Not to mention the crying. The weeping. The wailing. The gnashing of teeth. There has been nothing I could have physically done to make this house sell. I looked at the money in the bank that slowly disappeared in the costs of paying bills on, and maintaining two homes. I got to see God provide financially in a situation that looked impossible. It's not a way that I wish those I love will have to learn God's love and provision, but I am so fortunate that God got to hug me close, give me good gifts, and provide in ways I am unable.

Why not me? Indeed.

No comments: