Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Bad Medicine - A Night With Jil and Jon



Okay, so the blog title is a BIG lie.


Last night we went with Jilian and Jonathan (Ryland's sis and bro-in-law) and fulfilled a life long dream of Ryland's. We went and saw BON JOVI in concert. It was AMAZING! It was so much fun and was a night I will remember forever.


Jil got Ryland concert tickets for his birthday in February. She got us cheap seats, behind the stage, which we were totally pumped about considering that we would have gotten no seats if it weren't for her. We were behind the stage but we were probably 20 yards away from Richie Sambora and Jon Bon Jovi performed to us all night, I have never seen a performer turn to face the people behind him so much! Our seats were better than the seats out front and to the sides that were three times as expensive. I told Jilian that they were the best cheap seats I have ever had.


I have always like Bon Jovi. But Ryland and Jilian LOVE Bon Jovi. They could sing Bon Jovi songs before they knew their ABC's. I got to sit between them and see a great show and enjoy watching two people that I dearly love see a performer they have loved all their life. I just wish my father in law could have been there. Fred, we missed you!


Anyways- I thought about our little Gurt and how much fun it will be to see Ryland pass along his love of Bon Jovi to a new generation. I hope that someday Gurt will listen to Bon Jovi and think of his father- just like Ryland does. I am so excited to bring Gurt into our family traditions and show him how much fun we are.


We started our classes last weekend. They were ........ummm...........interesting? Our class facilitators let us know that they would be reporting to our case worker about our attitude, participation, etc. I wanted to make a great impression. I was on my best behavior.


We were asked to view a film about a fictional foster family and the struggles that they deal with. The actors were bad to the point it was funny. It was like listening to a first grader read. So I found that humorous. They warned us about some offensive language, so I was prepared. No big deal. The sweet foster Mom comes up to the six year old and says, "honey, its time to eat dinner." And the darling child replies, " I ain't hungry, b*#ch!" I have no idea what happened next because suddenly I was in sixth grade again and I almost laughed out loud. I bit my lip so hard I thought it would bleed and I looked at the floor. I though that if I laughed they would tell our caseworker how immature we were. So I controlled myself but it was so funny!


So this week pray that I will be a mature adult and that I will not be tempted to laugh by bad acting and potty mouthed kids! Also pray for patience for me. I am so ready for our homestudy. I thought we would have started weeks ago, but here we are.....waiting. Pray for Kari, that God brings our name to her mind and that she keeps things moving for us. Keep praying for Gurt. Pray that our sweet baby is safe, healthy and being taken care of. We are so anxious to see Gurt's face.


I posted some pics from the concert and added some new music to our player - just skip through Steven and you'll find two fun new songs.


Love you all,

Mindy

P.S. - Jil, thank you again for an amazing night. Gurt will be so lucky to have such a wonderful aunt. I hope we share many, many more. I love you.

2 comments:

Fred said...

Mindy you are a Doll of a Daughter In Law! Your insightful comments about the concert experience made me smile (and as you know, tearfully joyful as well). After reading your post I felt more "there" at the concert than you might realize. All of you are amazing as individuals and collectively overwhelm me with joy. Your are all evidence of what you can be with God as the central focus and Him directing your steps. I am proud of all of you and I love the relationship that the four of you have forged over the years.

I know that God will bless your efforts and wishes with Gurt. He is in control and He has His hand on You and Ryland. Remember at the end joy and just know His timing is perfect in all things. Cyndi and I are praying for you both through this process as we know it can be a long, long process. God has blessed us all richly in almost every way and I am convinced He is about to do it again!

We love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Bon Jovi! Babies! Contractors! House Visits! Classes! Holy molly! You guys should really keep your friends up to speed on this stuff! Mindy, you need to tell Ryland that he is a bad friend and should call me every once in a while. I miss the crap out of you guys! When we gonna get together yo? Hope all is well!

TGlaze