Monday, October 22, 2012

30 Best Moments From My Cruise

Top 30 Best Memories From Our Cruise.



30. The trip was the perfect length. Not too short, not too long. 
29. Our dining room Maitre D was from Russia and reminded me of the villain from Rocky & Bullwinkle. Was his name Boris? 
28. There was a cute, elderly, Asian man from Canada who sang country songs in the main lobby. He played electric guitar and was terrific! He busted every stereotype that any person could have possibly had about him? 
27. The comedy shows on board were hilarious. I love when my husband goes into his crazy laugh. I saw it many times this trip. 
26. Delicious sit-down dinners every night. 4 date nights! 
25. Turn down service with chocolates on my pillow. I wonder if my kids can be trained to turn our covers down. I guess that would mean they'd have to make our bed first everyday....
24. Spending a morning exploring Galveston with no plans at all. I had almost forgotten what spontaneity felt like. 
23. My parents. They weren't on the trip but they kept my kids so we could go. I'm 95% sure they drank pop and ate too much junk food but they were safe & had a great time. 
22. No election coverage. No reading facebook posts where every idiot feels the need to tell their opinion. Everyone has the right, and I am thankful for that, but I am so OVER election year. Can I please spend the rest of election season on a boat? 
21. Everytime we wore OKC Thunder apparel, foreign people would comment. They all love Kevin Durant. I think he should run for president. He could unite political parties and countries. 
20. Meeting lots of other nice Oklahomies. We're everywhere, and we all yell "boomer" when our presence is made known. We all hate Texas teams, it bonds us together. We even meet some fellow Owassies. So fun! Love my state. 
19. No dieting. I bet I gained 10 pounds at least. Maybe more. I ate everything. 
18. I had a piece of tiramisu that changed my life. Yum. 
17. Beach day. There is nothing in the world more relaxing than hearing the waves wash up on the beach as you sit & rest & read. I am a white sand lover. Sometimes I think I am displaced islander. 
16. We watched a show on the ship that was awesome. Great dancing, singing, lights, and special effects. The quality was amazingly good. It was like broadway in the ocean. 
15. I loved watching the dolphins chase the coast guard boat from our balcony. I had never seen a live dolphin before- I geeked out way more than necessary. 
14. Watching the sunrise from the beach in Galveston. Pure serenity. 
13. Making an all-night road trip from Owasso to Galveston. My husband is still my favorite traveling buddy. We laughed a lot. He's my lobster. 
12. I took naps at all hours of the day. It was glorious. And quiet. And kidless. 
11. I ate snails. Escargot . I wasn't a big fan, but I ate them anyways. All I could think of was the garden snails in Barnsdall. Slimy, yet satisfying. 
10. Being in the elevator with a girl who was minutes from walking down the aisle & hearing her chirp about how excited she was. I hope she has a husband who will still show her new adventures after 7 years and two babies. 
9. Shopping in Cozumel. So much crap, so cheap. 
8. Snorkeling- it is seriously one of my very favorite things in the world. I love that there is a whole gorgeous world underwater. 
7. Getting to sit & read with no interruptions. During the daytime. In the quiet. 
6. I did not change one diaper. Not one. Heaven. 
5. Getting to dress up on formal night. There aren't many occasions for that in my life right now. 
4. Watching the moon cast it's light over the water and seeing no other lights on the horizon from our balcony. It was so beautiful. 
3. Watching my hubby try, and like, alligator. 
2. Buffets all day- fat girl's paradise. 
1. Spending all day every day with my husband and having his undivided attention. 

I am so grateful to God and my husband. This was the best way to spend the last days of my 20's. Here's hoping that my 30's are just as wonderful and full of adventure with my cute best friend. 

No comments: