Thursday, February 16, 2012

I Don't Get It...

Things I honestly don't get:

1) Why in the heck are people so shocked by Hollywood divorces? I mean seriously? Two people who have already had multiple marriages, have a reputation for being unfaithful, and make their career their god- and it is shocking when it doesn't work? I don't get it.

2) This might be mean- but I am AMAZED at the people who use their facebook status to dole out wisdom to the masses. As a person who admits to being a mess I don't feel the need to spout wisdom for those who might be more messed up than me. If you are a psycho I really don't feel like taking marriage or parenting advice via your facebook status.

3) "Re-post this as your status if..." No offense if you indulge in some occasional re-posting but it drives me nuts. I love Jesus and soldiers and animals and my friends/parents/brother/uncle. I hate child abuse and social injustice. I do have the guts to re-post things but I hope more than that I have the guts to live it out in my real life.

4) People asking questions that only pertain to them in a public forum. Ask in private!

5) Kidz Bop. Raise your hand if you think Lady Gaga is kid appropriate music? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

6) How men can't see things in plain sight. My husband and son suffer from this affliction. I can point at an item, describe it's location and they still can't see it! My mom used to joke that her uterus was a tracking device. Sometimes I think she was right.

7) Why why why why does Christian culture love "Marvelous Light" so much? I don't get it. Not a music critic so I will stop there.

8 REST IN PEACE. RIP? I hate hate hate this term and I hate the abbreviation even more. I have used it jokingly. Like in reference to my pre-baby body and silly things like that. But if I am dead I want to be dancing in the presence of my king! I don't want to be resting peacefully in my body that is worm food. When I die- please don't "RIP" me.

9) I don't get why I didn't call this blog post "stuff that bugs me". Were you wondering the same thing?

10) Christmas Fruit Cakes- Have you ever eaten one? Have you ever seen anyone eat one? I've seen them in the stores. But do people buy them? Are they useful other than as a gag gift? I would not eat one unless I was starving. And even then I may resort to cannibalism first.


1 comment:

Ashlee Osborn said...

Each one of these cracked me up. I need to look up #7, though, because I've never heard that song. Sounds interesting. ;)