Friday, February 17, 2012

My Kara

This lovely lady holding Isaac in the front row is "My Kara". My apologies for the awful photography.

Well not "My" Kara, but that is her affectionately given nickname in our house.

I met Kara almost two years ago when the hubs took his current job in our church. Kara is the daughter of our church's family pastor. She is the youngest of his three amazing, beautiful, daughters. She is almost 16 and is a ball of energy and fun.

She has been a consistent babysitter for our kids. She  even came over at 7:00AM last Easter Sunday morning on a morning I COULD NOT MISS and kept a fever stricken Isaac until my mom was able to get there.

Isaac is the one who started calling her "My Kara". I think it might be because her other nickname is Karadactyl. And as a lover of all things dinosaur, it is obvious that he would migrate to that.

When Kara comes over she always lets my kids call and talk to her parents, Miss Kendra and "Reb Keb". He loves that. She plays hard with him and always makes an effort to talk to him at church.

Hope also loves her. She will go to Kara before anyone else at church, and Kara has also purchased her 2 hairclips: a ladybug, and flower. Since Hope is the most fashion forward member of our family, this has obviously made her a "My Kara" fan as well.

I am so thankful for people who love my kids and take time to make them feel special. I am thankful for knowing my kids are in hands that are fun and safe. And I am thankful for the dates with my husband that Kara allows me to go on. This is a season in our marriage where we NEED to date. I love that hott hubby more than ever and I need to sit and talk to him over a quiet table every once in awhile so that I don't go crazy and face punch a stranger... but I digress....

Anyways, I love my Kara, and we love having her in our lives. That's all.

No comments: